Thursday, March 1, 2012

Reality Dinner: Days 9 and 10

Tuesday I was supposed to make spaghetti and meat sauce.

I don't even know why I didn't now, but for some reason I ended up stopping at Taco Bueno on the way home from Zumba instead.

Add caption
Yeah. I had half a Mucho Nachos and a Muchaco.

So much for home-cooked meals.

Wednesdays, as you know, I tend not to eat dinner. I ate the sample Healthy Food at C-Fit before the workout--a spinach and strawberry salad that would have been delicious if she hadn't made it with artificial sweetener. Fake sugar gives the DDH migraines and I've found that I've become more sensitive to it as well. It had a weird aftertaste. Oh well.

So then after working out and church and practice, I came home and had a nightcap of this weird-but-delicious powdered horchata mix the DDH bought in Houston, mixed with a glass of whole milk and several fingers of rum.

That's what I've been eating, kids. I told you life was real around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories

almonds (2) apples (1) Asian (2) asparagus (2) avocados (1) bacon (8) baked (11) beans (3) beef (9) berries (4) bok choy (1) bread (7) breakfast (11) broccoli (3) budget (43) butternut squash (3) cabbage (2) cake (1) caramel (2) carrot (10) cheap (46) cheating (11) cheese (12) chicken (11) Chinese food (3) chipotle (1) chocolate (6) cookies (1) cooking rules (18) corn (4) cranberries (1) cream (3) cream cheese (2) crockpot (2) cucumber (1) dairy free (4) dessert (10) dipping sauces (3) dried beans (2) eggs (11) experiments (2) fast (40) fish (1) from scratch (41) garden (15) garlic (22) gluten free (5) grain free (3) green beans (2) greens (5) grilling (4) grocery shopping (8) healthy (32) homegrown (7) honey (8) Indian food (2) jalepeno (6) lemon (8) lentils (1) lettuce (3) lime (3) make ahead (6) Mexican (5) milk (3) oats (2) onion (12) orange (4) paella (1) pasta (11) pasta sauces (10) peanuts (1) pecans (1) pork (4) potato (6) pumpkin (2) quick sides (7) quick version (7) reality bites (14) rice (6) rice noodles (1) roasted (1) sage (1) salad (5) sausage (4) shrimp (4) simple (54) snacks (6) soup (5) sourdough (1) spinach (1) spring (4) sriracha (2) summer (11) summer squash (7) sweet potatoes (6) teriyaki (1) the DDH cooks (13) tomatoes (16) tortillas (5) vegetarian (24) winter (11) winter squash (2) zucchini (7)