Friday, August 17, 2012

Pasta in Progress


I know it's been quiet around here lately.

Partly we can blame a hectic schedule and baby preparations and all that jazz.

But partly I've been practicing a new skill, and I don't want to post about some of the food I've been making until I'm confident my directions won't send you skidding into a ditch and dying. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

A hint?


Fancy.
Pasta! I've been putting my little pasta machine to work. And though you can pick up a little pasta machine for about twenty bucks at Ross, I'm also working on recipes for which you don't need any fancy equipment at all.

Because fresh pasta, guys?

With meat sauce.
So, so good.

And also not all that hard to make.

But a little bit time-consuming.

Which I guess is why they invented dried pasta.

Not the point.

Anyway, I have a number of ideas percolating. I'm thinking tortillas might be next on the experimentation list, and I have Epic Posts on chickens (roasted + stock) and chocolate chip cookies (completely unrelated to the chickens, except as dessert) half-formed. Any requests? Anything you'd like to see me tackle on here? I will of course keep posting other random reality foods, as well.

In the meantime, buon appetito! (Assuming that's something Italians actually say, of course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories

almonds (2) apples (1) Asian (2) asparagus (2) avocados (1) bacon (8) baked (11) beans (3) beef (9) berries (4) bok choy (1) bread (7) breakfast (11) broccoli (3) budget (43) butternut squash (3) cabbage (2) cake (1) caramel (2) carrot (10) cheap (46) cheating (11) cheese (12) chicken (11) Chinese food (3) chipotle (1) chocolate (6) cookies (1) cooking rules (18) corn (4) cranberries (1) cream (3) cream cheese (2) crockpot (2) cucumber (1) dairy free (4) dessert (10) dipping sauces (3) dried beans (2) eggs (11) experiments (2) fast (40) fish (1) from scratch (41) garden (15) garlic (22) gluten free (5) grain free (3) green beans (2) greens (5) grilling (4) grocery shopping (8) healthy (32) homegrown (7) honey (8) Indian food (2) jalepeno (6) lemon (8) lentils (1) lettuce (3) lime (3) make ahead (6) Mexican (5) milk (3) oats (2) onion (12) orange (4) paella (1) pasta (11) pasta sauces (10) peanuts (1) pecans (1) pork (4) potato (6) pumpkin (2) quick sides (7) quick version (7) reality bites (14) rice (6) rice noodles (1) roasted (1) sage (1) salad (5) sausage (4) shrimp (4) simple (54) snacks (6) soup (5) sourdough (1) spinach (1) spring (4) sriracha (2) summer (11) summer squash (7) sweet potatoes (6) teriyaki (1) the DDH cooks (13) tomatoes (16) tortillas (5) vegetarian (24) winter (11) winter squash (2) zucchini (7)